Ground Transportation Changes at LAX
On Tuesday, October 29, 2019 at 3 a.m., the Central Terminal Area (CTA) of Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) will be undergoing a re-configuration of ground transportation waiting areas. This will affect/impact everyone traveling in and out Los Angeles International Airport. As the starting date approaches, it will be important to inform every one of the upcoming change. Several ground transportation drop off/pick up locations are moving.
Here are the most important highlights:
- Hotel, Private Parking, and Dual Use Shuttles – Passenger drop-off and pick-up on the Upper/Departures level ONLY. Zones will be identified by curbside pylons.
- Car service & Limousines and Privately Owned Vehicles – All car service/limousine operators will pick-up passengers on the lower/arrivals level outer commercial island white zones. Lower/Arrivals level passenger drop-off/pick-up relocate to the outer island curb. All lower level inner roadway locations are being re-purposed and will no longer be available for use. Please see attachments for more information. Inner lane access will be prohibited. Zones will be identified by overhead signage and white painted curbs. Passenger drop-off is still available on the Upper/Departure level.
- Taxi, UBER, Lyft and all other TNC operators – Passenger pick-up relocates to LAX-it. Passengers ride a shuttle from CTA to LAX-it. Shuttle stops will be identified by column wraps. Upper/Departures level operations will continue unchanged.
- Airline Connector, Economy Lot E, Green Line and Employee Shuttles – Lower/Arrivals passenger drop-off pick up will relocated to the inner curb. Zones will be identified by column wraps.
- Fly Away Buses – Lower/Arrivals level passenger drop off/pick-up will relocated to inner curb. Zones will be identified by column wraps. Upper/Departures level operations will continue unchanged.