The safety of our University travelers and awareness of potential dangers are of the utmost importance.
Booking all of your travel arrangements with the UC Travel Center means that we will be able to locate you at all times and therefore be able to assist you in case of emergencies.
See the related articles and links for traveler safety resources. The article, Guidelines for Infrequent Travelers, provides an in-depth description of safety and other issues about which travelers should be concerned.
- Department of Health and Human Services Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Immunization
This site provides a number of resources for travelers' health needs, including vaccination information. It also features the Yellow Book, a biannual CDC resource of health risks for international travelers.
- U.S. Department of State Current Travel Warnings
- Refer to this site for the most up-to-date travel advisories, including dangerous political conditions, diseases and weather. Additional resources provided by the U.S. government include tips for traveling abroad as well as information on embassies overseas and documentation requirements.
- Transportation Security Administration (TSA) Security Checkpoint Times
- Refer to this government-sponsored site for information on checkpoint wait times by state or territory.