Car Rental Contract Rates
The University of California has a system-wide car rental program with Enterprise, Hertz, National, Dollar, and Thrifty. The contracts offer business travelers the most economical pricing that includes comprehensive insurance for rentals in the United States through car rental company. Travelers renting outside the USA may have to purchase additional insurance where coverage is not included in the UC rates.
What car size is required by UC Car policy?
UC requires that an economy, compact or intermediate model be requested. These models should be used unless a no-cost upgrade is provided. Justification will be required for cars larger than midsize when requesting reimbursements.
UC Employees and Student are not allowed to rent vans for 10 or more passengers (including driver) capacity from rental car agencies for business or class activities due to safety concerns.
UC Employees and Students are restricted against renting vans with ten people, including drivers for UC business-related travel. Regulations require the driver to have a Class B driver's license. Because not all commercial rental agencies observe these rules, we will redirect larger groups into multiple smaller vehicles such as 7-8 passenger minivans.
Frequently Asked Questions
- May I use UC car rental preferred rates for personal use?
- Personal use of UC preferred rates is allowed when extending an approved business rental trip. Only days used for the business portion will be reimbursed, and LDW and Liability insurance for personal days will not apply.
- What are the restrictions for renters between 18 and 24 years old?
- Please log in to Connexus https://travel.ucop.edu/connexxus/ and view Ground Transportation.
- What are the restrictions for renting a Cargo Van or a ¾ Ton Pick Up 4WD?
- Commercial Truck Program – Please log in to Connexxus and refer to Enterprise Commercial Truck Program.
For more information, visit https://travel.ucop.edu/connexxus